Fire Protection & Emergency Services
The trustee of a township, with the approval of the township board, may:
- Purchase fire fighting and emergency services apparatus and equipment for the township, provide for the housing, care, maintenance, operation, and use of the apparatus and equipment to extinguish fires that occur within the township but outside the corporate boundaries of municipalities, and employ full-time or part time fire fighters to operate the apparatus and equipment and to provide services in that area:
- Contract with a municipality in the township or in a contiguous township that maintains adequate fire fighting or emergency services for the township in accordance with IC 36-1-7;
- Cooperate with a municipality in the township or in a contiguous township in the purchase, maintenance, and upkeep of fire fighting or emergency service apparatus and equipment for use in the municipality and township in accordance with IC 36-1-7;
- Contract with a volunteer fire company that has been organized to fight fires in the township for the use and operation of fire fighting apparatus and equipment that has been purchased by the township in order to save the private and public property of the township from destruction by fire, including use of the apparatus and equipment in an adjoining township by the company if the company has made a contract with the township of the adjoining township for the furnishing of fire fighting service within the township; or
- Contract with a volunteer fire company that maintains adequate fire fighting service.
Fire Protection for Bloomfield Townshsip
- Bloomfield Township contracts with the town of LaGrange to provide fire protection services for township residents. In turn, the town of LaGrange contracts with the LaGrange Volunteer Fire Department to maintain and staff the fire equipment.
- Residents who require the services of the fire department will be billed for this service, based upon resources used (equipment and personnel) and a fee schedule approved by the State Fire Marshall’s Office.
- For fire emergencies, call: 911
Ambulance Services for Bloomfield Township
- LaGrange County provides ambulance service for the residents of the county. This service is provided in cooperation with Parkview LaGrange Hospital, with ambulances stationed in LaGrange and surrounding areas of the county.
- For medical emergencies, call: 911